Pigeon Forge is getting a new museum attraction in central downtown that isn’t quite like anything else around – The Alcatraz East Crime Museum.
We have many museums in our area and some of them go into the chilling and yet morbidly intriguing history of crime throughout history – the Guinness World of Records, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum and some others, but none feature as much content with as much focus on the weird, wild mythos of jail life and jail lifers that Alcatrez East does. The museum is located prominently on the parkway in Pigeon Forge in front of The Island and next to the Comedy Barn – trust us, you won’t be able to miss it!
Exhibits and amenities include:
* 25,000 square feet of floor space over 2 floors.
* 100 interactive exhibits.
* “A Notorious History of American Crime”.
* “Punishment: The Consequence of Crime”.
* “Crime Fighting.”
* “Crime Scene Investigation.”
* “Counterfeit Crimes & Pop Culture”.
* “The OJ Simpson White Bronco”.
* “Ted Bundy’s VW Beetle”.
* “Junior Detectives” fun exhibits for kids.
* Accommodations for groups.
* Special needs assistance available.
This museum opens on December 16th, 2016. You can see more on Alcatraz East at https://www.alcatrazeast.com.