A new era of virtual reality is forming around us in the early 2020s; and one place where that technology is literally soaring (or as close to it as virtual reality can allow) is the SkyFly attraction at The Island in Pigeon Forge.
Their official brochure provides the details:
“Great Ready To Take Flight!
SkyFly: Soar America utilizes a state-of-the-art ride system to give you the feeling of flight. You will hang suspended before a 50-foot spherical screen while our award-winning film whisks you away on an exhilarating journey across the United States. Special effects, including wind, mist and scents, combine with the ride’s motion to create an unforgettable experience for all ages.”
In SkyFly, you will get onto a ride mechanism that will physically function like an airship. While immersive experiences like this have been around for a few decades, SkyFly takes it to much more advanced technological heights to make you really like you have been taken to some serious heights yourself! Your destinations will include:
* Yellowstone in Wyoming
* The Tetons in Wyoming
* Yosemite in California
* The Sequioa Groves in California
* Squamish in British Columbia
* Niagara Falls in New York
* Mount Rushmore in South Dakota
* Maui in Hawaii
* The Everglades in Florida
* Chimney Rock of North Carolina
* The Grand Canyon in Arizona
* The Tracy Arm Fjord in Alaska
* The Fisher Towers in Utah
* The Bristol Motor Speedway in Tennessee
* The Smoky Mountains in, you guessed it, Tennessee
A video trailer of the experience made by the SkyFly owners and operators can be seen here:
See more information on SkyFly at https://skyfly.com.